HELLO + WELCOME
I’m Jacquelyn Kittredge — a social media strategist + team trainer, based in Washington DC.
And now, a shameful secret: I’m far from a social media “expert” — in fact, I struggle with most of the same problems as my clients + students!
Problems like …
: Not feeling motivated to blog.
: Forgetting to update my LinkedIn profile. (Not again!)
: Feeling bogged down with “other work” and neglecting my online presence.
: Getting overwhelmed with sticky technical details, and just not … moving … forward.
And now, a not-so-shameful secret: I may not be an “expert,” but I’m a really good teacher. I have a knack for distilling complex information into tasty, tender morsels — and that’s why my clients + students love me.
Well, they also love me because … I help them get results. Like going from 150 to 25,000+ Facebook fans in less than a year, while increasing engagement by 355%. Sweet stuff, like that.
If you’re curious about my background (as a computer programmer / middle-school teacher / surf-shop gal), hop to the bottom of this page. Otherwise, stay put + read on to discover …
HOW e-bakery GOT ITS SPRINKLES
I started ebakery in 2009, after leaving my position as Director of Marketing for a healthcare start-up company.
For a couple of blissfully-unemployed weeks, I fantasized about chucking my marketing knowledge out the window, and just starting a pie shop — because nobody complains about pies! Pies are the ultimate ROI!
But then, I had a flash of brilliance: nobody complains about pies. Everybody complains about using social media, in business. What if I could make using social media just as fun, simple + delightful as baking a pie? Nobody would complain about THAT!
Flash forward past one hilarious conversation with a befuddled business license officer (“You’re baking … what, exactly?”) … and ebakery was born.
ME + e-bakery: TODAY!
These days, I work with a small handful of private clients, including a major network security company, a movie review site, and a world-changing non-profit.
While my client docket is currently (pretty darn) full, you can still work + train with me, by taking an online class, trying a recipe, or popping into one of my test kitchen workshops in Washington DC.
And you can reach me, just about anytime, at jacquelyn (at) ebakerysocialmedia (dot) com.
So! You’ve made it this far, and your curiosity shall be rewarded!
Let’s wrap this puppy up with …
5 THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I’ve had a rather checkered past — but not in a sleazy way. I’ve worked as a programmer, corporate trainer, user documentation specialist, middle school teacher, fundraising organizer, holiday gift-wrapper and surf-shop chick. Most of my gigs have involved some flavor of teaching + training — it’s what I do naturally, and what I do best
2. Once, after my precious parking spot was cruelly taken away, I started biking to work.
25 miles a day, to be precise. I’ve been a devoted cyclist ever since. If I were President of the Universe, city-wide cycling infrastructure would be mandatory, everywhere!
3. My favorite food in the world is mint-chocolate chip ice cream. Except for my other favorite food: frozen coconut custard. Except for right now, I’m trying out a meat + dairy free diet. We’ll see how that goes. No promises.
4. I live in Washington DC with my husband + 3 wild boys + a girl-dog named Indie (which is short for “Independent” and “Indiana Jones” — long story).
5. If this whole e-bakery business ever goes stale (it won’t, but just IF!) I’m totally opening up that pie shop. Just try and stop me.